S8604 4kW FM Transmitter
The S8604 FM transmitter is an evolution of the highly modular architecture for which Eddystone Broadcast transmitters are legendary. The use of 600/700W hot-pluggable Power Amplifier modules means that removal of amplifiers can be carried out with minimal reduction in output power. The design features hot-pluggable switched mode 2kW power supplies.
- Compact Amplifier and PSU Modules are replaceable on air
- Highly efficient LDMOS
- Fully compliant with ETS 300 384 specification for FM transmitters amplifiers
- Easily configured into a wide range of system architectures
- SMPS power supplies with PF correction and efficiency approaching 97%
- Comprehensive remote monitoring facilities
- Touchscreen LCD displays ensures easy local monitoring
- Automatic changeover accommodates dual exciters
- Fully redundant Amp & PSU modules common across the range
Monitoring & Control
The S8604 transmitter includes SNMP for remote control and monitoring, which is supported by a built-in webserver. The modules provide Wi-Fi connectivity for local monitoring and control, but can also be connected using LAN via an Ethernet cable. The system is programmable to provide alarms/alerts via email, as well as the option to have alarms/alerts through SMS. The system can include external sensors, to monitor information such as voltage usage, output power, temperature and humidity.
The systems offer local monitoring by way of the on-board touchscreen LCD’s which show the information on the amplifiers and overall system accordingly.
Specifications Power Output 4kW Operating Frequency 87.5 to 108 MHz with no tuning RF Output Load Impedance 50 ohm unbalanced RF Output Connector 7/8” EIA Maximum VSWR Able to maintain full power at 1.5:1 Mains Power Supply Single phase 176-264V
Three phase 380-415V
RF Harmonic Output Better than or equal to -79dBc Ambient Temperature Range 0ºC to +50ºC at an altitude up to 3000M Specification subject to change Model S8604 Power output 4kW Power amplifier modules 8 Power supply modules 4 Additional redundant PSU N/A Minimum drive for best efficiency 64W Exciter option “A” XE70(S) Exciter option “B” XE75(S) Model numbers – single exciter S8604/1(S) Model numbers – dual exciters S8604/2(S) Height of amplifier in rack units 17u *add /S suffix for stereo operation